Permanent Resident Card SampleReplacing your “green card” or permanent resident card is simple. First, visit www, and download form I-90 and its instructions for free. Second, fill it out, sign it, and mail it to USCIS with a $450 check. You’ll find the correct mailing address in the instructions. If possible, you should also include proof of your permanent resident status, such as a copy of an old card, a copy of the immigrant visa, or a copy of the adjustment of status approval letter. Now allow me to offer three suggestions based on my 17 years of experience.

First, it is extremely important to safely keep a copy your card (and other important documents) to facilitate replacement due to loss in the future. Personally, I take pictures of my important documents with my phone and send those pictures to my email account.

Second, you should consult with an immigration attorney before trying to replace your card if you have a criminal record or any irregularity in your immigration history. Don’t chance it.

Finally, apply for naturalization and you’ll never have to renew or replace your “green card”.

José Pineda

Serving not only Dallas, Denton, Collin, and Tarrant counties, but also the cities of Waxahachie, Ennis, Corsicana, Sulphur Springs, Mt Pleasant, Longview, Wichita Falls, Midland-Odessa, and Waco.