Neuschwanstein Castle, Hohenschwangau, Germany
The elections are over, Christmas is fast approaching and it’s time to plan your year-end vacations. While you choose your destination (Canada? Cancun? The Amalfi Coast? Montevideo?), remember that you’ll need the following documents to return to the U.S.:

US Citizens: If you fly (no matter your age) you’ll need a passport. If you return by land, adults will need passports, but children under 16 can return with their birth certificates.

Permanent Residents: No matter the age or method of transportation, the permanent resident can return with his / her permanent resident card.

Finally, remember that if you travel to another country you may need a visa to enter that country. Where do you plan to go?

Image: Jose Pineda